Duane is well-known and respected in Cowlitz County as a premiere trial lawyer for both civil and criminal cases. He tries his own cases and cases for other lawyers as well. This means his reputation will often result in criminal charges being dropped completely just prior to trial or an insurance company settlement on the courthouse steps. He will not accept a case he does not think he can help. There is no charge for an injury or death consultation. He practices primarily in Cowlitz, Wahkiakum, Pacific, Lewis, and Clark Counties.
Duane represents those people who have discovered that insurance companies and other large corporations do not always live up to their promises, and that the government sometimes has things just backwards. He has held the Washington State Patrol accountable in front of the Supreme Court, has forced DSHS to accept responsibility for placing dangerous youths in good families, and forced counties and municipalities to pay for injuries caused by them. He has forced the State to re-pay wrongfully accused citizens their attorney fees, costs, and lost wages defending against false charges. He has helped literally hundreds of injured people receive compensation. These include electrical amputation, burns, crash injuries, death cases, product liability, amputation, and hand degloving. He has successfully represented law enforcement officers, fireman, doctors, teachers, nurses, and people from nearly all walks of life. He has litigated over 300 jury trials and received some of the highest personal injury verdicts in Cowlitz County.
Duane was voted by the Cowlitz County public Best Attorney for 2006, 2007, and 2008.
- Washington - 1980
- Alaska - 2000
- U.S. District Court / Western District of Washington - 1980
- Pasco High School, 1968
- Washington State University, Pullman, WA 1973 - B.S. Psychology
- University of Puget Sound School of Law, Tacoma, WA, 1979 - J.D.
Professional Association & Memberships
- Washington State Trial Lawyers Association -Member
- Cowlitz/Wahkiakum Bar Association - Past President
- Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers - Member
- The Daily News Best Lawyer - Year 2006
- The Daily News Best Lawyer - Year 2007
- The Daily News Best Lawyer - Year 2008